Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Favourites!

As another month draws to an end, it's time for another favourites post!
I must admit, a lot of my favourites from February, which can you read about here, have followed me into March and I've continued to love them! There are surprisingly few beauty products this month, most likely due to the fact I've not tried anything new recently... I've pretty much stuck to the same products that I've been using for the past few months, or at least to the ones I've already mentioned... There's no point in talking about them again now is there? Onto my March favourites...



I've fallen head over heels for the Urban Decay On The Run palette (£37) this month, it's been an absolute dream in my makeup collection and there hasn't been a day where I've not used it... I won't bang on about it too much, but if you want to know more than have a look at my review from earlier in the month here! There are certain aspects of the palette I've been especially loving, such as the bronzer, lip gloss, eyeshadow in the shade Resist, and my absolute favourite element, the Perversion mascara... My oh my, it's brilliant. I've used the mascara every day since buying the palette, and it's beautiful... I can 100% see myself splurging out on the full size one pretty soon... Definitely recommend!

Winged eyeliner... Some fear it, some see it as a hassle, others can't get enough of it... I'm the latter! After many many attempts, I think I've finally gotten the hang of it enough to apply it most days without worrying about spending hours getting right or smudging it across half of my face... My all-time favourite has to be the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen (£6), with it's charcoal black pigmentation that has the ability to last all day, paired with it's fine tip capable of creating the perfect wing, I'm obsessed... 

Moving onto skincare, I've been using the Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask (£16) almost every day this month... Having stepped into Spring, I felt like my skin needed a little brightening and springtime radiance after the harsh winter months, and what better way to do it than my beloved Liz Earle mask? It instantly makes my skin feel fresh and smooth, and I love it... 

A little bit of random favourite, and something I've not really discussed on the blog before, is haircare... Shampoo to be precise... Since getting my hair completely dyed blonde as opposed to highlights, I'd noticed that the colour had picked up the natural red tones in my hair... It started to look a little brassy, and I wasn't keen on it at all... After talking to my hairdresser, she recommended I try out the PRO:VOKE Touch of Silver: Twice A Week Brightening Shampoo (150ml at £3.19) and Daily Nourish Conditioner (200ml at £2.19). The shampoo contains violet pigment to treat yellowing, fading and dullness in hair colour, as well as actively neutralising brassiness in blonde hair. It's best used for people with blonde, grey or white hair, and it's worked brilliantly! After two washes with the stuff, I really noticed a difference in the colour of my hair, and the brassiness subsided almost immediately! I've also been using the conditioner as a follow up, which prevents colour fading while repairing damaged hair and protecting its structure. It's also super cheap, so you can incorporate it into your regular haircare routine rather than swapping things out completely! If you've got blonde hair like me and want to keep it looking at it's best, I'd recommend this in a heartbeat... 

Moving away from products and onto non-beauty favourites, I've been obsessing over The 1975 so much over the past month! Love, love, love... Particularly the songs Chocolate and Girls have been playing on repeat on my Spotify playlist, and I've been listening to the rest of their stuff as well... Normally I'm not one to listen to this kind of music, although if I hear anything remotely catchy I'll be guaranteed to be singing it all week long...

My final March favourite; Gossip Girl... After deciding to finally jump on the bandwagon after mock week, I've been watching it non-stop... Thankfully, my friend Becky has all six seasons on DVD (thank God for Becky) and very kindly let me borrow them... I've become obsessed, watching an average of four episodes a day (let's hope this doesn't affect my A-Levels...) and I'm currently just past mid-season 2... I'm not going to lie, at this stage, Chuck doesn't quite do it for me... Dan on the other hand... Can someone please find me a real-life Dan? 


That's all for my March Favourites! There aren't very many I know, but it's quality, not quantity, right? What have you been loving this month? Leave a comment and tell me!

12 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner,
    I loved gossip girl so much, fun to watch Blair and Serena friendship

    I'm following you on G+,
    hope you can follow me back :)

    xx
    Amira
    www.amirahayupratiwi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the eyeliner! The lasting power is great, it's super pigmented and easy to use! Gossip Girl is just fabulous...
      Thank you for the follow and for your comment!

      Chloe xx

      Delete
  2. No Chloe... You're wrong... Dan is way to nice... Chuck Bass all the way; every single time... At least I don't have to fight you for him... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's what I love about Dan! I have to say, Chuck is growing on me more and more... His bad boy demeanour is getting more irresistible... I have a feeling my opinions on Chuck will change, don't you worry! xxx

      Delete
    2. Just you wait... It gets a hell of a lot worse - season 6 is too much to handle... xxx

      Delete
    3. Ahh! I'm excited... Very excited... xxx

      Delete
  3. This is such a great post, I love your style of writing :)
    That palette sounds really good, I would love one of those
    Gossip Girl, I absolutely love it! I was lost for a few weeks after I finished it haha
    You're not the only one who watched four episodes a day (maybe sometimes I watched more than that)
    Dan, hes real sweet but I agree with Alice! At first Chuck and Blaire were my least favourite characters
    As each season passed I began to love them more and more and they're definitely my favourite characters!

    Neeny x

    P.S. sorry for the rambling :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Neeny! And don't worry, rambley comments are my favourite! :D
      The palette is a-mazing, I reach for it every single day!
      I'm terrified I'll be in the same situation once I finish Gossip Girl, I'll feel in a state of loss and won't know what to do with my life!
      Chuck is slowly becoming more and more appealing to me! Currently I'm still a Dan girl at heart, but it's hard to resist a bad boy, am I right?

      Chloe x

      Delete
    2. Haha, definitely right! I recommend you watching Pretty Little Liars if you haven't already
      I just started watched it not too long ago and I just caught up with all the episodes yesterday, and now I'm feeling lost again haha but at least there's more coming soon!

      Delete
    3. I am obsessed with Pretty Little Liars!! I'm all caught up on it too, it's amazing! I'm so excited for when it comes back in summer and when everything is finally explained!

      Delete
  4. I don't know what it is about favourites posts but it's just really nice reading about all the little things people have been loving in the month! I think I'm going to have to start getting back into gossip girl! I was obsessed with it for a while but lost interest around season 5... might need to get back on the bandwagon now!
    That palette looks gorgeous and I'm very impressed that you can wear winged eyeliner most days! That's a skill that I have yet to master!
    Lauren xx

    laurenloveslaughter.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I love favourites posts as well, both reading and writing them! I'm still only on season 2, but Gossip Girl has quickly become my life...
      The trick with eyeliner is both finding a good product that works for you, and practise! For me, the Supercat liner is great and once I started practising, it become second nature in no time! xx

      Delete