Monday 5 May 2014

Sleepovers, Skype and Flower Crowns

This weekend has been the best weekend I've had in a long time... I'm not saying that all my weekends are boring and filled with revision (well... actually the revision part is true), but this weekend has been an especially amazing one.

Firstly it's a three day weekend, which is a great thing in itself... But it's also my last weekend before study leave starts on Wednesday, and I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty excited for study leave... It gives me the freedom to revise in my own home, and not getting up at 6am is an added bonus. 


On Saturday night, my best friend Amy came to my house for a sleepover, although I don't know if it's counted as a sleepover if we hardly slept... Amy and I aren't in the same sixth form, and with the ridiculous amount of work we get it's hard to meet up and hang out. We talk every single day through one social media or another, and although I love our conversations, it's not the same as in person... I can honestly say we didn't shut up for the whole 24 hours we were together, because lets be honest, girls have a lot of gossiping to do... 


A tradition of ours at sleepovers is to Skype other friends that we don't necessarily see very often, and one person that we always call without fail is our friend Connor... Connor and I met last April on a school trip to Italy, and I think we've been friends ever since. We've had some good times, including me making him dance to "Reach" by S Club 7 at Prom... Unfortunately Connor and I aren't in the same sixth form either, but he and Amy are, so Skyping him is guaranteed during one of our sleepovers! I can honestly say the banter was definitely flowing that night, and my sides still ache from the laughing!

We also Skyped one of my friends, Frazer, who doesn't live by me, therefore a Skype call to him is pretty much always on the cards! 

At 4am, we finally decided that some sleep was needed, and to be honest I think Connor was almost falling asleep on the other end of the call, so we said our goodbyes and literally fell asleep within seconds...

Waking up at 8:30 nearly killed me. Four and a half hours sleep is by no means enough for me to function, let alone walk several miles, which brings me on to Sunday's events...

Sunday was my little sisters birthday party, and she decided she wanted to go to the Crocky Trail with some friends. The Crocky Trail is basically a trail through the woods in Chester with several activities along the way such as rope swings, mazes and sitting in a giant chair... Amy and I went as well, and it was a great day! We got lost in a maze, I nearly fell into a river and I fell off a swing... But a great day nevertheless... We also came across a stunning blossom tree, and Amy made a flower crown out of some of the blossom flowers, let me take a minute to say what a gorgeous best friend I have! While Amy came out of the trail looking like a fairy, I came out with a few additional bruises... 





Like I said earlier, I've had a great weekend! It's been full of catching up, gossiping and laughing, and I can't wait for another weekend just like this one (minus the bruises of course).
I hope you all had a lovely weekend, leave me a comment and let me know what you got up to! 

Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment