Wednesday 28 May 2014

Sunday

So as the title suggests, this post is basically all about last Sunday...

My friend Connor and I decided to meet up, and as it was such a great day, I couldn't resist writing a post about it. 

Firstly, we went to Costa for a bit where I ordered a Belgian Chocolate Creamy Cooler (one of my absolute favourite drinks there). Connor, however, didn't get anything, so we decided to go to Tesco's. After wandering around Tesco's, looking at the books, browsing DVD's and walking down the same isles time and time again, we left exactly the same as we entered... empty handed. 
Stuck for ideas, we sat in the park and continued to laugh, joke, and have an all-round chat, which I must say I really enjoyed! However, disaster struck... Okay maybe "disaster" is a bit dramatic... It started raining, and as neither of us fancied getting soaked, we found ourselves back in Costa for a second time. 
As I'd finished my drink and the rain had started to subside, we returned to sit in the park for a little longer, before going on a walk around Heswall for about half an hour.

The next part of the day was very unexpected, and very spontaneous. As Connor and I were discussing films, specifically Marvel films and Batman, Connor told me he wanted to see the new X-Men: Days of Future Past movie. Coincidentally, a couple of my other friends were planning on seeing X-Men that same night, and with 40 minutes until the start of the movie, we made the spontaneous decision to go as well. After a few phone calls to parents and friends, my mum kindly offered to take us to the cinema, where we met up with my friends.

Connor hadn't met either my parents or my other friends before, so I was a little concerned that it would be a bit awkward, and considering the decision was made last minute, it worried me further. But, this is the one time I will admit it, I couldn't have been more wrong! Everyone got on really well, and Connor made great impressions on both my mum and my friends, which actually made me really happy! They all said he seemed really nice, was polite, and did an overall good job considering he was pretty much thrown in the deep end. And I must say... I agree!

The film was so good! And considering I've never seen any of the X-Men films before, surprisingly I followed the plot pretty well... I think... 

After watching the film, Connor, my other friends and I went to Subway and all had a chance to talk to each other, which again, I really enjoyed! There was something very comforting about having two different groups of friends together at the same place, and the lack of awkward silences was an added bonus.

I have to admit... I didn't want the day to end... I had such an amazing day, and can only hope it happens again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment