Tuesday 2 February 2016

February Goals

Can we just pretend January was a trial month? That's what I'm doing anyway... January was a bit of a strange month for me; I was in the midst of revising for my first University exams, I sat said exams and basically lacked a routine for the entire month. I'm one of those people who likes to be organised and have a routine, so January made me feel like I was neither coming nor going. 
February, however, will be much different. Second semester has officially started and my new timetable is pretty decent! With having a routine, I find it easier to accomplish goals, which is why I decided to swap 'new years resolutions' in favour of February resolutions instead!


1. Start running. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of my figure and I could definitely do with shedding a few pounds and toning up, plus exercise is important. Rather than telling myself to lose a certain weight in a certain time, I thought that setting myself a goal of jogging and eventually running three times a week would be better, and I'm definitely determined to stick with it! 

2. Eat healthier. This partly coincides with goal one, and is something I started doing in late January. Making small changes is the best way to go about it, such as slowly cutting down on sugary and fatty foods and replacing them with healthier options. So far it's been working pretty well so I plan to carry that on in the new month! 

3. Don't let things get to me as much. I can be a rather emotional person, and although I don't always let it show, I definitely bottle things up and let them get me down. The past few months have been particularly difficult for a few reasons, and I found myself feeling like I wasn't good enough and my self esteem got knocked right down. I decided that enough is enough, and I'm making an active point of letting things go and not overthinking, because God knows how much I do that! 

4. Do more with my friends. Since being home for the best part of six weeks, I haven't seen much of my friends recently. Now that we're all back at Uni, I'm definitely making sure we do more as a group! 

5. Say yes. I can't even begin to think of how many opportunities I've missed out on by simply saying no to them, even if it's an amazing night out that I didn't go to. One goal I've set myself is to say yes to more things, obviously to an extent - I can't say yes to everything, but I can definitely do more! 

Five, rather simple, goals for February which (depending how well I stick with them) I plan on carrying on for the rest of the year!
What are your goals for the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment