Thursday 22 January 2015

Rimmel Haul...

Rimmel is a brand I love, whether its for foundation, mascara, or even nail varnish, it's constantly a staple in my makeup collection.
Recently I purchased a couple of Rimmel products, some I've used previously, others were a bit of an impulse buy... (something I do on a regular basis) and I can honestly say that I am happily surprised that they're all great products.


The first thing I picked up was the Stay Matte pressed powder - something I'm very familiar with. This product is my go-to powder, and being only around the £4 mark, it's affordable too. It keeps my foundation in place and shine-free for several hours, only needing an extra light dusting throughout the day. I always go for the translucent powder, as my foundation is a suitable colour for my face already.

The second thing my eye caught was the Wake Me Up concealer. I've never used this product before, and I'm extremely happy with it! I previously used the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, which I also loved, but it was starting to run low and I fancied a slight change. Considering I use the Wake Me Up foundation, I figured the two matching products would go well together, which I can admit they do! I would say that the coverage is medium; it's not too thick but it gives good coverage. It's better for under the eyes rather than blemish concealment due to this, but it definitely makes my eyes look less tired!

I've been in need for a standard black kohl pencil for a while now, and so I picked up the Soft Kohl eye liner pencil in 'jet black'. The pigmentation is amazing, and hardly smudges on my waterline which is something I've struggled with past products. It was only around £3 as well which is great and very affordable!

Lastly, I got the new Lash Accelerator Endless mascara. I actually got this product for free as I'd already spent £10, and considering it has a value of £8 itself I was more than happy to try it out. Overall, it's not bad, but not great either. It can be slightly temperamental and leave clumps here and there, leading to me using a clean mascara wand to try and brush them out, however it does make my lashes look a lot longer! It doesn't add much volume, however it is only a lengthening mascara. To get the best results with this I tend to use it first to give my lashes length, and then another volumising mascara for the second coat for volume.

Have you ever tried these products, or have any that you're loving at the minute? Let me know in the comments!

Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I have alot of Rimmel products, I find you can't go wrong for the price
    www.rheeblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They're always affordable and are of amazing quality for the price... Rimmel is definitely one of my favourite brands, its a rarity that I walk out of Boots or Superdrug without anything Rimmel!
      Thank you for your comment! :)
      Chloe x

      Delete