Monday 5 January 2015

What I got for Christmas! | 2014

I can't believe that Christmas has passed again! Every single year it surprises me just how quickly the festivities end, despite the seemingly never-ending run up...

I always love reading hauls of what people got for Christmas or their birthdays, as it brings products to my attention but also provides ideas for gifts! This haul isn't me bragging or showing off, but just sharing what I was lucky enough to receive this year to those of you who share my enthusiasm for hauls! There are a few things missing from this list, but these are just the main and most loved gifts I received!


Skin & body care


Something I've been wanting to try for a while is Liz Earle, and after trying a cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser sample, I really wanted a full size version! I got one in the limited edition sweet orange and mint, which smells absolutely amazing, and I'm in love with it!




I also got the Liz Earle brightening treatment mask, and boy does it work wonders! Since using it my skin has gotten much brighter and looks a lot healthier... I simply love it! 




I am beyond obsessed with Soap & Glory, and I got a heck of a lot of it for Christmas! 

Firstly is the Soaper Woman gift set which includes a full size Foam Call body wash as well as a full size Butter Yourself body cream.
I also got some of the Sugar Crush collection, including the body polish, body wash and body cream. It's safe to say I'm going to be clean and smelling great until next Christmas!




Makeup

Being a girl who is more than obsessed with makeup, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm going to get some for Christmas, as well as the fact it's what makes up the majority of my wish list...


Zoeva is a brand I've heard of and wanted to try for the longest time, and I was lucky enough to receive the Naturally Yours eyeshadow palette! It's gorgeous, and each shadow is highly pigmented and lasts for hours! 




A gift that I absolutely love, and am so over the moon to have received is the Laura Mercier foundation primer! I tried a sample and fell in love with it, and immediately knew I needed the full size product! Being £30 and slightly out of my price range, I waited until Christmas and tried my luck putting it on my wish list... Waking up on Christmas morning to a Harvey Nichols Beauty Bazaar bag nearly had me in tears...




Miscellaneous


As mentioned in my birthday haul, candles are amongst my favourite things in the world... I love lighting them, especially during the brisk winter months as their ambience is extremely calming and creates a warming environment. Yankee candles are my favourite, mainly due to the extensive range of scents... 

I received so many gorgeous candles for Christmas, including one of the Christmas Votive gift boxes. It includes five festive scented votive sized candles, this particular set containing Mandarin Cranberry, Christmas Cookie, Christmas Eve, Sugared Apple, and Christmas Memories. Each one is captivating, and definitely lifted my Christmas spirit to an entirely new level...
I also received the Snowflake Cookie candle in a small jar, which has a delicious sweet smell with a hint of spice, that isn't at all overwhelming... Bliss...



Books, books, books... 

It's pretty much a given that I'll get books for my birthday or Christmas, and this year was no different! 
I got the Maze Runner series, and after seeing the film back in October I'm really looking forward to starting it! I also got Girl Online by Zoe Sugg, which I haven't started reading yet either, but is definitely next on my list!
As my collection of books has increased exponentially recently (I currently own 30 books that have yet to be read), I've run out of space in my bookcase for them all, so I also received these adorable owl bookends for my shelf!




Finally, clothes! (Or boots and a scarf should I say...) 

As soon as I saw these grey suede boots in Deichmann, I immediately knew I had to have them... I love wearing boots in winter, however my trusty old black ones from Primark had seen better days, and it was time for a change...
I also got this gorgeous plaid scarf from New Look, which I am absolutely in love with and have worn nearly every single day since Christmas!




I hope you enjoyed this haul/what I got for Christmas, I am beyond grateful for everything I received, and would love to know what you got this year! Leave me a comment and tell me!


Chloe



No comments:

Post a Comment