Monday 1 September 2014

Weekly Summary | Alton Towers!

I can't believe summer is practically over! 
This week was my last full week of the summer holidays, and gutted barely scratches the surface of how I'm feeling right now. In just a few days I'll be back at sixth form for my final year... *hides under duvets and refuses to come out*

On Tuesday, my family and I took a trip to Alton Towers, which for those of you who don't know, is a theme park in Staffordshire here in the UK. 

I've only ever been to Alton Towers twice, once being a school trip, and the other time I had a broken leg... I've been terrified of rollercoasters since I was little, especially the massive ones, but being a teenager on a school trip, I didn't want to seem like a chicken... I went on TH13TEEN, which is a pretty standard rollercoaster other than the fact at one point the track free-falls, and then continues to go backwards... in the dark... Surprisingly I enjoyed it, and was next tempted to try Rita, which again is a pretty standard rollercoaster, but goes from 0 to 61mph in just 2.5 seconds... yeah, it's fast... The adrenaline rush I got after it was insane, and I literally bounced off the walls, so, me and my friend Alice went to queue for Air... for three hours... Air is a flying rollercoaster, and one I really loved! After that school trip, my fear of rollercoasters was eradicated! 

This time, I was much more excited to go, and was determined to go on those same three rollercoasters again. Once we got there, my Mum decided to head over to Nemesis; something I was very reluctant about. Although I had gotten over my fear of rollercoasters, I hadn't yet faced my demons about going upside down... The very thought of it made my head spin and my stomach churn, and I was more than happy to sit and wait for her to go on it without me... Did I have a say in the matter? Of course not, I was going on it whether I liked it or not. Standing in the queue was torture, even if it was just for ten minutes. I lost count of how many times I wanted to turn back and run away, and once I was buckled into the seat, I genuinely thought I was going to die... (a bit dramatic but this was a big deal for me...) I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I kept my eyes open for the entire ride (something I rarely do) and loved it! It wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, and I even went on it again! 


After going on Nemesis, we went on Air, TH13TEEN, and Rita, all of which I loved! We weren't quite sure what we were going to go on next, so we wandered around and found ourselves at the X-Sector. Located there, is a rollercoaster named The Smiler, which holds the world record for the most inversions... fourteen to be exact. Despite the fact I was no longer worried about going upside down, I was really terrified of going on it. Again, did I have a choice? Nope. After waiting in the queue for an hour, we were about ten minutes away from finally getting on, when the worst possible thing that could happen whilst waiting in the queue for a rollercoaster that goes upside down fourteen times, happened. There were 'technical difficulties' and the ride was delayed... 

Picture me, standing in the queue, for something I really didn't want to be queuing for in the first place, add technical difficulties and what do you have? An emotional overreacting mess. 
The rollercoaster was only delayed for ten minutes, but I was more reluctant than ever to go on it. However, I braved it, and fourteen loops and a vertical lift hill later I was still alive and I was buzzing. It was so amazing! It's definitely the best rollercoaster I've ever been on, and I genuinely wanted to get back in the queue and go on it again...

All in all, I had an awesome day, I conquered my fears, and laughed while doing so! It was a great way to end my summer, roll on Year 13! 

What have you been up to this week? Leave a comment and let me know!

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment