Sunday 1 March 2015

In A Nutshell | Mock Week & Friday Fun

I am more than thankful to be on the other side of my very stressful mocks, after having an average of two exams each day of the week, I've never been so busy! Despite my lack of sleep, inability to concentrate and having the dreaded wobbly table every single time, they seemed to go okay... With a few exceptions of course... Mocks are a learning curve, and they've not only highlighted what I need to focus my revision on, but also how to time manage - something I struggled with, leaving a few questions unseen and unanswered... I guess that's what mocks are for though, right?

I also continued with driving lessons this week, and although I was nervous to drive on proper roads with other cars and pedestrians around, I actually had fun! Managing to 'successfully' drive, albeit stalling a few times and almost turning left instead of right was something that made my week...


Once mocks finished on Friday, a celebration of sorts was in order... Considering we had no revision to do, and no impending homework, I threw a sit-off and sleepover for my friends and myself... We played board games, watched Grey's Anatomy on repeat and bounced on the inflatable beds like children... Having no responsibilities for a whole weekend was taken advantage of, and it also made me increasingly grateful for the amazing friends I have... Sometimes you need to just laugh and forget about the rest of the world!

I also displayed my amazing culinary skills the next morning (well, not really but still...) by making scotch pancakes, or drop scones as some call them... Pancakes make everything better! 

What's made your week? Let me know in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment