Wednesday 11 March 2015

Review! Urban Decay: Naked On The Run

I am a massive fan of Urban Decay, it's easily one of my favourite "high end" brands! It's no surprise that as soon as I heard about the limited edition Naked On The Run palette, I immediately turned on my laptop and did some shopping! I absolutely adore this palette, what's not to love about six new eyeshadow shades as well as the other exciting products included? Swoon...

I'm in awe of the stunning rose gold packaging of the case, as well as the bronze/green marbled effect on the cover that somehow just seems perfect for this palette... Admittedly, it's not the most compact 'on the go' set and can be considered slightly bulky, however this can be forgiven by the products inside, and the fact it's much more easy to carry as opposed to everything being separate... I'm also a fan of the massive mirror inside the palette itself, it takes up the whole of the inside cover and is a great quality mirror, perfect for applying makeup on the go! If there's one thing that frustrates me about doing my makeup some place that's not my bedroom, it's usually the lack of a large mirror... This set fixes this problem perfectly, and is in my mind one of the many reasons why you need this palette in your life!


Moving on to what's in the palette itself, there are six brand new gorgeous eyeshadows, that are all extremely highly pigmented and are of the same amazing creamy, blendable quality that we all know and love from Urban Decay. From left to right, the shades are named and described by Urban Decay as follows:
Dive: a metallic rose with golden shimmer
Fix: a soft warm brown matte
Resist: a metallic taupe
Dare: a medium brown matte, darker than fix
Stun: a metallic bronze with light gold microshimmer
5050: a cool toned beige with silver shimmer. This shadow is larger than the others, in the bottom right hand corner as it's also described as being a perfect all-over shade. 
I love that there's a mixture between matte and shimmer shadows, as you can really complete any look with them, whether it's day or night, rest assured you have a lovely range to work with! I've also been loving using the shade Fix to fill in my brows! Due to its matte consistency with slight taupe undertones, it works beautifully as a brow filler as well as an eyeshadow, bonus!





The palette also contains a blusher and bronzer duo, which I believe can be purchased from Urban Decay as a separate palette. The bronzer is in the shade medium, which admittedly I was slightly concerned about... Having lightly coloured skin can be an issue when trying to find a good bronzer, as it's often too easy to purchase one that's far too dark and appears muddy on the skin. Despite my doubts, I'm absolutely in love with it! A little definitely goes a long way, with only the smallest amount needed on the brush. Although the bronzer is matte, it appears to have a slight satin consistency and is a dream to blend! All in all, it's a winner!
The blusher is also lovely, as its described as vibrant pink with light shimmer. Blushers aren't usually something I go for, and similarly to the bronzer, only a small amount is needed to brighten up your face without looking like a clown! Another big thumbs up!


Also included in the palette are three other products, a travel-sized Perversion mascara, a travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the new shade Stag, as well as a full size Naked Lipgloss in the new shade Sesso. 


The Perversion mascara is a lovely product, and the formula is amazing. It's not dry but it's also not too wet, and it's ability to glide nicely over pre-existing coats of mascara without clumping makes it perfect as a day-to-night mascara! I have a feeling I'll be looking into purchasing the full size product!

The 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil, as the name suggests, glides on like a dream. The shade is very wearable, being a dark brown satin pencil, and also blends nicely for a smokey effect. It's not the shining star of the set, but it ties everything together nicely. 
Possibly my favourite aspect of this set, the Naked Lipgloss in Sesso. I don't tend to use lipgloss very often, as I find they don't give much colour and it's difficult to find one of a good quality. This lipgloss has changed my opinion immensely! It gives a lovely colour and shine to the lips, and almost has a slight plumping effect. It's not sticky and doesn't leave my hair stuck to my lips. The shade is described as rose with pink shimmer, however the shimmer is very light and not overbearing.


Left to right: Lipgloss in Sesso, eye pencil in Stag, Bronzer, Blusher, 5050, Dive, Fix, Resist, Dare, Stun

I purchased the Urban Decay: Naked On The Run palette for £37 from Debenhams, however it can also be purchased for the same price from Feel Unique. I'm absolutely in love with it, and can't recommend it enough!


Have you tried this palette or any of the products it contains? What did you think of it? Or are you simply an Urban Decay lover like myself? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment