Wednesday 27 May 2015

The End of an Era... Goodbye WKGS

Last week was an emotional one, after what feels like two very short years, my time in sixth form at West Kirby Grammar School came to an end...

Thursday saw my last official day there, with no more lessons I'm now on study leave, which is great as it allows me to study and revise from home. It's a bittersweet feeling, not having to go to school anymore... Obviously I'll appreciate the extra lie-ins, but it also means I won't get to see my best friends every day, I'll miss joking around in class, I'll even miss being teased by the boys I sit next to in Biology!

It's crazy to think the place I despised for the first week became my second home, and gave me the best two years of my life... I've got more amazing memories than I ever thought I'd have, and so many experiences that I'm extremely grateful for. I'll cherish them, and the wonderful people I've met, forever.

To celebrate our last day, we had a theme of Neverland, in the hope that we would never grow up. Myself and several of my friends dressed as Tinkerbell, with others as Captain Hook, Peter Pan himself, and even the crocodile!
The school drama studio was transformed into an enchanted forest, and the whole year gathered there for a picnic and time together. There was also a photo booth in the dining room, which was pretty amazing! We went down in our friendship groups to get photos taken, and in some cases even had class photo's taken! My favourites definitely have to be with my geography teachers, as that class and the people in it were my favourite...


We were allowed to leave after 12:00, and so myself, Cat, Emma and Alex went to the chippy for lunch and sat on a wall at the beach. Unfortunately, I had an exam that afternoon and went back to school to sit it, and thankfully I think it went okay!

I'm still shocked as to how the past two years have come and gone so quickly, they say time flies when you're having fun, and whoever "they" are, they definitely do not lie... Where has all the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment