Friday 15 August 2014

A day in Liverpool

One of the things I love most about the summer holidays is having free time to spend with family and friends, as anybody who's doing A-Levels knows just how much time work takes up. Unfortunately, because I went to Egypt for the first two weeks of summer (which you can read about here), and spent the following week in Cornwall visiting my family, I haven't had any time to spend with my friends. 
On Tuesday, however, I met up with one of my best friends, Connor, and we spent the day in Liverpool. As per usual, Connor was late, so during the forty minutes I spent waiting, I found myself in Lush (big surprise there!).

I absolutely love Lush, and couldn't resist the temptation of purchasing several of their bath ballistics and bubble bars. I ended up with a Think Pink ballistic, a Butterball ballistic, a Sakura ballistic, and the Brightside bubble bar.

Out of these, I've only ever tried the Think Pink ballistic, which I adore especially due to the confetti hearts it contains! I'm really looking forward to trying the other products I bought, as Sakura smells like cherry blossom, the Butterball is made with vanilla fragrances, and Brightside is more of a citrusy product and smells like zesty oranges! 



I then found myself in New Look, and after browsing the sale section for a good fifteen minutes, I decided to buy a really cute printed top and a pair of denim shorts. I've been in need for some new shorts for a while now, and as soon as I saw these, I fell in love with them! The same goes for the top as well, but seeing as I've bought countless new tops recently, I was slightly more reluctant to buy it... A girl can never have too many clothes though! 





Eventually, Connor arrived, and we both made our way to the cinema. I grabbed a drink from Costa first, and soon enough we found ourselves sat in the cinema watching Guardians of the Galaxy! Both Connor and I love Marvel, and it was a great film! The one thing that I loved about it, is the fact it was really funny! There were so many jokes that left me laughing ridiculously, and the rest of the cinema too! The action scenes were great too, although I do wish there were more of them... And more scenes of a shirtless Chris Pratt too for that matter...

After the film, we continued wandering around Liverpool, going in and out of various shops, where I spent even more of my money... I bought a new necklace from Forever 21, and also helped Connor pick out a new jacket! 

We also went to McDonalds for a bite to eat, where Connor ordered nothing but three burgers.... Three! Boys... 

Eventually, we headed to the bus stop, said our goodbye's and parted ways. All in all, it was a great day! I'm glad I was able to spend some time out of the house and with friends, and also able to have a good old catch up!


What have you been up to this week? Let me know in the comments! 


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment