Tuesday 19 August 2014

Birthday Haul!

In July, I celebrated my 17th birthday, which you can read all about in my Birthday Celebrations post here
I always love reading Birthday Hauls and seeing what other people got for their birthdays, as not only does it bring products to my attention, but also gives some inspiration for gifts I could get for my friends and family! I intended to do a haul of what I got for my birthday, but due to busy schedules and a lack of time, I unfortunately didn't write one... Better late than never though, because here it is!

Skincare




Starting with skincare, I got the Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover from The Body Shop. I use the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil also from The Body Shop to take my make-up off before bed, and although it does an amazing job, it still proves difficult to remove all of my waterproof mascara. Since getting this product, I've been using it every day and it takes off all of my eye make-up without irritating my eyes! 
I also got the both the Vitamin E Moisture Cream, and the Nourishing Night Cream. I previously used the Seaweed Cream also by The Body Shop, but I wasn't at all pleased with it and I felt like it didn't help my skin at all. After reading great reviews about the Vitamin E range, I gave them a shot, and I love them! 


From my lovely friend Emma, I got the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub, and I love it! As well as it smelling like candy floss, it's mainly sugar based and therefore edible, so it tastes like candy floss too! (Not quite sure it belongs under the skincare category, but we'll keep it here anyway.)

Body care


Moving on to body care, I'm a sucker for body butters and moisturisers... I'm not even joking when I say I have about twelve of them, yet I always seem to acquire more...
The Cocoa Butter range is my most loved range from The Body Shop, and I never get tired of it! I got both the body butter and the cream body scrub.
I also impulsively got the Pink Grapefruit Body Sorbet (not gonna lie, I bought it because it smells delicious). I'm not very keen on the consistency though, so I think I'm sticking with the body butters...


My amazing friend Alex bought me the Soap & Glory Birthday Box (see what she did there?) which contained a loofah (what a weird word...) a full sized Clean On Me shower gel, and a full sized Righteous Butter, which by the way is massive!! I've literally been using them every single day, I love anything Soap & Glory, so a massive thank you to Alex! 

Make-Up


The first make-up product I got, and definitely my favourite, was the Naked 3 eyeshadow palette by Urban Decay! Words cannot explain just how much I love this palette... 


I also got a blush from The Body Shop in the colour Bubblegum. I raved about another blush from the Body Shop in the shade Macaroon in my April Favourites post, and because I loved it so much, I got it in another colour! 
I'd heard a lot of great reviews about the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder, also from The Body Shop, and considering I was in need of a bronzer, I got it, and I've never regretted it! It's definitely a staple in my make-up bag!

Clothes


The "LOVE" T-shirt on the top left is from Next, the pineapple one from Primark, and the Aztec print top is from New Look. I have a thing for buying T-shirts, and every single time I go shopping, I always return with a new one... These are just a couple of my favourite items of clothing I got for my birthday.

Randoms...


Because I'm such a bookworm, it would be a crime not to get books for my birthday... My sister got me the Divergent series which I am beyond excited to start! My friend Emma got me An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and because I absolutely loved TFIOS and Looking For Alaska, I was over the moon with it! The third (fifth if you count all the Divergent books) and final book I got, was The Geography Of You and Me from Becky. There is a slight story behind this present, as Becky and I are in the same Geography class, which is actually how we became friends! She thought the title was appropriate, and thus the reasoning for this particular book! 


As well as being obsessed with books, I'm also obsessed with candles... My absolute favourite candle of all time is the Fireside Treats Yankee Candle, and as I'd burned my entire massive one, my Mum's friend Shelley got me a pack of mini ones which are beyond cute! 
I also got a Pink Grapefruit and Lime candle from Sainsbury's, and it smells so citrusy and amazing, definitely one of my favourite summer candles!


Last but by no means least, stationary! I'd been browsing Paperchase with some friends prior to my birthday (I'm also slightly obsessed with stationary...) and I'd seen this adorable notebook. My brilliant friend Emma noticed this, took note, and bought it for me in secret... I absolutely love it and although I'm waiting to finish my current journal before beginning this one, I can't wait to use it! My favourite thing about it, is the fact the edges of the paper in the book are lined with silver paper! She also bought me some paper tape, which I've actually almost used up completely, for the ongoing project that is my scrapbook! 

That pretty much sums up what I got for my birthday! I am completely over the moon with everything I got, and I absolutely love all of my family and friends for making me feel so special and spoiling me! I never expected all the lovely gifts I would receive, however some of these I purchased myself with birthday money I got from family and friends.

I hope you enjoyed reading my 17th Birthday Haul! Leave a comment and let me know something you've received for your birthday that you absolutely love! 

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment