Friday 22 August 2014

Brit Summer...

When it wants to be, Great British summer weather can be glorious. The perfect way to spend it? At the beach! 

A few weeks ago, myself, my sister and my Dad travelled down to Newquay in Cornwall. A six hour drive was something I certainly wasn't looking forward to, but after setting off at midnight and getting there in the early hours of the morning, I was excited to be getting away for another week!


My Auntie, Uncle and two cousins all live in Newquay, and kindly offered to put us up for the week (what were they thinking!?). It was so nice to see them, as living six hours away from each other with commitments such as school and work means I don't get to see them as often as I would like to... 



My cousin Jono and Me

Like I said earlier, the perfect way to spend the very rare and rather wonderful British summer weather, is to go to the beach...




We went to Tolcarne Beach, as not only is it a lovely place, but it's also only a five minute drive from my Auntie's house. 
We all had such a laugh, played with a ball (and accidentally hit a few people in the process...), and I actually sunburned... In England... Thankfully it wasn't bad, and actually turned into a nice tan after a day! 


My Auntie, Uncle, Me and my cousin, Alex

My Uncle also decided to show off and dive for the ball, which didn't end so well!


The week also consisted of going swimming to the pool where my cousin works as a lifeguard, having picnics at the park, enjoying the scenic views of the coasts, taking a day trip into the city of Truro for a bit of retail therapy, and playing mini-golf; which I won! *punches the air in victory*


My Auntie, Me & Abby

I had such a great week spending time with my family and actually enjoying the wonderful weather we had! What have you been up to this summer? Let me know in the comments!

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment