Monday 25 August 2014

Weekly Summary | Bookaholic Heaven

This week has honestly been the laziest week of my summer holidays so far.... Am I ashamed? Of course not! 

I did, however, spend Tuesday with Connor (surprise surprise), as we had a movie day! Well, when I say movie day, I mean we pretty much chatted all day with a movie on in the background...


First there was Star Wars (which I will admit to never have seeing until now), but I pretty much gave up on that after quickly realising I didn't like it... Lets just say we cut that film short and moved on...

Next, was Star Trek Into Darkness, which is one of my absolute favourite films! That one stayed on until the very end, and even though I've seen it a million times (slight exaggeration but still...) and knew exactly what would happen, I was still on the verge of tears...
Despite my reluctancy to watch it, Connor then put The Inbetweeners on (another film I'd not seen), and although it wasn't quite as bad as I thought, we soon switched it off...
The closer it got to dinnertime, the hungrier we got... What did we do? Ordered Dominos of course! Thank God for Two for Tuesdays...
As it was my turn to chose a film, we watched The Perks of Being A Wallflower (guess what... another film I've never seen!) while eating our pizza, and I really enjoyed it! I think Connor did as well, and we managed to get through the whole film before it was time for our movie day to come to an end...

I've pretty much spent the rest of the week reading... And to be honest, I've been reading at the rate of a book a day...


On Wednesday, I read a book called The Story of Us by Dani Atkins... I genuinely can't put into words just how much I loved it. I read it cover to cover in just under five hours (five hours straight) and I swear I cried more than I did for The Fault In Our Stars... It centres around love and loss, and was simply a beautiful book - just go and read it! 

iBooks often have selected offers and free books, and there were a couple of books that stood out to me in the free 'Teens: First in a Series' section... On Thursday, I started to read Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. I couldn't put it down. The plot was so gripping, and even just the thought of it still boggles my mind... There were amazing plot twists that I never saw coming, and they absolutely knocked me sideways as well as leaving me speechless... I'm reeling for more! Looks like I'll be buying Haas' next book, Dangerous Boys...
Earlier in the summer, I started to read Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson, however after only getting five chapters in, I found myself reading less and less and eventually neglecting the book altogether. However, as I've had time to sit down and enjoy it, on Friday I picked it up again and started from the beginning... It was the perfect summer read and as it was based on a 17 year old girl, I couldn't help but love the themes of summer romances and friendship, as well as the importance of family and taking chances.

Not a very interesting week, I know, but one of my favourite things to do is curl up in bed in the quiet and become engulfed into a book...


What have you been up to this week? Are you an avid reader like me? If so, let me know what books you've been loving recently in the comments! 


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment