Saturday 7 February 2015

Spontaneous Shopping Haul

I went a bit mental this time... As soon as I step into Boots and Superdrug, I'm immediately drawn to everything... Some things are re-purchases, others, what can I say, a girl can never have too much make-up!


The first thing I picked up was the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, a product I couldn't live without! This was a repurchase after coming to the end of my previous bottle, and I have a feeling I'll be buying many more in the near future... It effortlessly removes all of my makeup, and leaves my face feeling fresh and simply lovely!

The Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads, again another repurchase, are the ultimate savior when it comes to breakouts, and generally help keep my skin exfoliated. The fact they had 40% off at the time was a huge bonus, but I'd definitely pay the full price any day! 

Oh, Nivea... This was slightly more of an impulse buy, but after loving Nivea products in the past, I decided to give the Regenerating Night Cream a whirl... I've been wanting a slight change in my skincare routine lately, and after using this product for a week now, I've been absolutely loving! My skin is unbelievably soft after use, and I can definitely see it being a well-loved favourite...

I'm not going to lie, but it was simply the gorgeous rose gold packaging that drew me to the L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique foundation, as well as the concealer by the same range (plus the fact they were 2 for £14!). I always love trying out new foundations and concealers in hope that I'll find one that I simply love, plus a little change from the norm is always nice! 
I love the dewy, illuminated finish this foundation gives, although I'd say it was light to medium coverage; something I'm not overly keen on... Personally, especially during the winter months, I prefer a foundation with medium to full coverage, although the great thing about lighter foundations is the custom coverage you can eventually build up.

I also picked up the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, after hearing some great reviews I decided to try it out... I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to mascaras, and I'm always looking out for new ones to try... I think I've found a new favourite... The formula is amazing, and separates my eyelashes perfectly, leaving them long, voluminous, and well, sensational!

A highlighter is something I've been in need of for a while, and stumbling across the Makeup Academy Undress Your Skin  shimmer highlighter may have just answered my prayers... I got it in the shade "Pink shimmer", as after swatching it, I could not put it down! I love the fact that light hits the reflecting particles in a way that instantly makes your skin look healthier and brighter, but without looking like a six year old with glitter all over her cheeks... Plus, with the tiny price of just £3 that is far from bank-breaking, it's definitely one to try...

My impromptu shopping spree was extremely successful, although I think I need to take a break from shopping for a little while if I don't want an empty purse! (she says after just placing an Amazon order...)

Chloe

1 comment:

  1. nice post. I have nominated you for the Liebster award :) Ox

    ReplyDelete