Friday 13 February 2015

The Motivation Post...


Self-motivation is something I struggle with... Whether it's motivating myself to work (which nearly always leads to intense procrastination), to learn the guitar (update... I still haven't picked it up...), or even just to step out of my comfort zone, I can never do it... Why? I don't know.


If I can take one thing from the past year, it's that risks are okay... It takes a heck of a lot of motivation to get there, but sometimes, they're worth taking...

Granted, not all the time... Risks are, well... risky... that's kind of the point, but they're nothing to be afraid of... 

I think I would give almost anything to have someone from the future tell me what to do... Should I text that guy first? Would it be disastrous if I spoke my mind? But we will never be certain of the consequences of our actions... That's the scary part...


I guess what I'm trying to get across, is that although it's petrifying for some people (especially me) to take a chance, chances are worth taking... Find the motivation deep down within you to just go for it! Text that guy first, speak your mind! (within reason) and most importantly, do not be afraid of change... Some chances are bigger than others, and in some cases it may be necessary to sit down and weigh up the pros and cons before jumping right in there and doing something you'll later regret... 

The way I like to think about is asking myself "will this matter in 5 years?" if the answer is yes, then STOP and think about what you're about to risk... If no, then do it... You'll never know what you may find behind doors you never knew were open...

Now this is slightly contradicting, but thanks to society, we're lead to believe that being a quitter makes you a failure. No, it doesn't. It's perfectly okay to quit... Despite our best efforts to find the motivation to do something, sometimes it's simply not right, and not worth the time... I'm not saying go out on a whim and quit everything, but there are some things that you're more than entitled to stop doing, and shouldn't be criticised for doing so! One of the things I hate most is being judged for quitting something that makes me unhappy, and being told I should have stuck it out and persevered...


So these are just a couple of thoughts in the "never silent brain of Chloe", and writing them down has certainly reinforced them in my head, I hope reading them has done the same for you! 


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment