Tuesday 21 April 2015

The Revision Playlist...

With summer exams coming up for many of us students, me included, there's only been one thing on my mind... Revision... Even the word makes me shudder...
I'm not particularly a fan of revision, and I've never ever met anybody who is... Who would rather be sat inside during the spring and summer months, practically copying out your textbook over and over again, than being outside chilling with friends, or you know, staying in bed and watching Netflix... Not me, that's for sure...

Seeing as I have 13 dreaded A-Level exams approaching that I cannot afford to fail, I've been spending as much time as I possibly can getting my head stuck into books, and actually cracking on, much unlike last year where I left way too much until way too late... Obviously, I try to take as much stress away as I can, and attempt to make the whole horrible experience into something slightly more bearable and even, dare I say, enjoyable...

TV is not an option, no way, I end up abandoning my work and centre my whole attention on what's happening on my TV screen as opposed to my laptop screen... I tried that, and it failed miserably... Music, however, is something else entirely... Personally, I find that music helps me concentrate even more on the task at hand, and being able to zone out and listen to some of my favourite tracks while getting some serious work done is something I actually look forward to... 
Listening to music is something that makes me genuinely happy, so once I started associating music with work, it became a whole lot easier to find myself wanting to open my laptop and type away...  Admittedly, I am tempted to start singing and dancing along sometimes, especially to those more catchy tunes, and in all fairness, I let myself! Taking (reasonable) breaks is a vital part of the revision process, and my way of doing that is jamming out to some of my favourite songs... Even those guilty pleasures... We all do it...

As you may be aware, I'm quite keen on sharing playlists every so often, and letting you know what music I've had on repeat recently. I wanted to do the same with my revision playlist, but seeing as there are 50 songs (and counting), totalling 3 hours worth of music, I've decided to link my Spotify "Late Night Power Hour" Playlist! If the embedded playlist below doesn't work for your browser, I've alternatively linked it here!




What are your favourite songs at the minute? Tell me in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment