Friday 10 July 2015

18th Birthday Haul!

Last week I celebrated my 18th birthday, which you can read all about in my separate post here! Haul posts are amongst my very favourites to read (and write!) so it made sense for me to write one of my own... 

My main gift was a MacBook Air from my parents! I guess it could count as a birthday present, but also fell into the category of 'Chloe has no laptop and is probably going to Uni in September', so it was partly paid for using the money they've both saved for my going to Uni since I was a baby... They always did have high hopes for me...
I am absolutely and utterly in love with it, no doubt about it. 


Jewellery
From my Mum, I got a Pandora Princess Tiara ring! I love it so so much, and have been wearing it every day since! I was a little worried it was going to be a little too fancy for wear on a day to day basis, but it really isn't! That's not to say it's too casual for formal wear though! 


I also received a Jon Richard tennis bracelet from my auntie which is stunning! It's so pretty and will definitely come in handy for Uni balls and formal occasions!


Sticking with jewellery for a little while longer, I got these silver Pilgrim earrings from my Mum's friend which are gorgeous! It's safe to say I'm well kitted out for formal occasions in terms of jewellery! 

Bath & Body care

My sister bought me the Soap & Glory Orangeasm gift set which I am very excited to use! I've never had anything from Soap & Glory in this particular scent before, though I've smelled it in the shops and loved it! I've also never tried any of the Soap & Glory fragrance mists before, so I'm also looking forward to trying that out! 

I received some mini bath bombs from my friend Alex, and although I've never tried anything from Bomb Cosmetics before, I've always admired their products when I've come across them! Bath times just became even more fun! 


Speaking of fun, I got quite an array of Lush products! My friend Emma gave me the Sweetest Thing gift set, which included the Sweetie Pie jelly, a pink bar of Fun, and a Bubblegum lip scrub! My other friend Emma (yes, there are two Emma's) bought me a bottle of Dirty Springwash, perfect for my upcoming holiday to Turkey! These are actually my first Lush products that haven't been bath bombs so I'm very excited to use them!


Makeup

Using some of the birthday money I received, I went on a little shopping spree and spent quite a fair bit in the Urban Decay section of Debenhams... After trying the travel size Perversion mascara, I fell in love with it and knew I needed the full size! I treated myself to the full size mascara, as well as a lipstick in the shade Rush, and the lipliner in the same shade to match! I've been wearing all of them religiously since!


Miscellaneous

Moving onto a few randoms, though not all of them as that would take far too long! My lovely friend Emma kindly assisted in expanding my Yankee Candle collection by giving me the Simply Home Votive Set! All of them are perfect for summer with their fresh and summery scents, and I can't wait to burn them...

One of my absolutely favourite gifts came from my friend Alex, who gave me a selfie stick! I'm not ashamed to say I'm a frequent selfie taker, whether it's with friends or even on a good hair day, so this was the perfect gift! It came in especially handy at prom where rather large group selfies were required, and I've genuinely kept it in my handbag at all times... You never know when a group selfie will be needed! 


There were a few other miscellaneous gifts I received from friends and family, such as nail varnishes, other items of jewellery, a lovely memory box from Catherine, and several Geography related gifts from Becky who I used to sit next to in Geoggers lessons! 

As a little disclaimer that I'm sure we're all sick and tired of seeing on haul posts, I'm in no way showing off what I have or received, I'm simply sharing the very thoughtful gifts my closest friends and family members decided to lovingly give me. As mentioned earlier, these type of posts are my favourite - I can't tell you how many times I've read a haul post and come away from it with a wishlist as long as my arm... It happens more often than not, I can tell you that... 
I'd also like to take a second to send massive thank you's to everyone who made my 18th birthday oh so special! 

I hope that this post gives you some kind of inspiration, maybe you want to try out some of the things I mentioned, or maybe you've gained some ideas for gifts to give yourself! 

What are some of your favourite gifts you've ever received for a birthday or special occasion? 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a lovely birthday Chloe! The Urban Decay lipstick & lipliner looks fab.
    The Jewellery looks gorgeous too :)

    Nixie xx

    Nixie--Pixie | Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The UD makeup is lovely, a little pricey but I've not regretted the slight splurge! xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a lovely birthday Chloe! The Urban Decay lipstick & lipliner looks fab.
    The Jewellery looks gorgeous too :)

    Nixie xx

    Nixie--Pixie | Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle |

    ReplyDelete