Sunday 12 July 2015

What's In My Hand Luggage?

Later today, after waiting for god knows how long at the check-in desk, and most likely even longer at security, I'll be jetting off to Turkey! 
Being only a medium-haul flight at four and a half hours, there isn't much I'll need to take in terms of hand luggage (though saying that, almost five hours is still a little while), but I've decided to share those necessities I will be taking with me! 


The important things...
This includes my passport, money, visa, insurance documents and boarding pass, as you know, you can't really get anywhere without them...

Electronics (and their chargers)
I think this is pretty much a given, but I'll definitely be taking my phone on holiday with me! Not only does it have my Spotify playlist on it, but I also prefer using it to take pictures than with my camera... You never know when you're gonna come across the perfect photo opportunity (out-of-window cloud shots anyone?) .. Plus, gotta have Facebook Messenger to communicate with my friends back home! 

I've also gotten into the habit of taking my iPad abroad with me (there's no way I'm taking my MacBook!) as it's easier for FaceTiming relatives and friends, keeping up with the blog while I'm away, and I also use the SkyGo app to download movies to pass those hours on the plane... 

Though it's doubtful I'll use my camera in the airport or on the plane, I always think it safer to keep it with me in my hand luggage! 

Earphones, (never headphones) because who doesn't like to listen to music and look out of the plane window, thinking about life and pretending you're in a movie?

Books
I'll always always always take a book on a plane... Chances are I'm not going to listen to music or watch films for the whole flight, plus, I'm a major bookaholic... I only take one, but I haven't decided which one to read first yet! 

I'm also taking my personal journal, as flight time is the perfect time to just sit and write... Plus, I've not written any entries for about two weeks, whoops... 

The other book is my blogging book, full (well, not quite) of ideas and inspiration for new posts... As I'm planning on writing a post or two on the plane (hopefully...) this'll come in handy, and, who knows when inspiration will strike?

Cosmetics (kind of)
As I said earlier, I'm only on a medium-haul flight and will be landing quite late into the night, so I personally don't see much reasoning behind taking my entire makeup bag on board with various creams and moisturisers... Plus, who wants to start taking everything out and putting them in those clear plastic bags? Not me... 

The only things I will take are hand sanitiser; airports are full of people and there's a very good chance I'll want to eat something on the plane, and also my hand cream; as I just love the smell of it... 

Miscellaneous
Although I doubt it'll be sunny in England before my flight, and it definitely won't be sunny in the Turkish night, I'm taking my sunglasses in my hand luggage for the same reason as my camera; safety. 

Tissues, for sneezes and such...

Playing cards to pass flight time!

I've not pictured them, but I'm also taking my pyjamas in my hand luggage! As I must have mentioned a billion times already, I'll be getting to my hotel quite late, and I don't particularly fancy opening all three suitcases to find my pyjamas in the middle of the night when I'm tired and just want to flop into bed... By keeping them in my hand luggage they'll be super easy to access and much less effort will be needed! (A little tip for if you arrive at a destination late - keep pj's in your hand luggage!) 

Finally, food and drinks... I always buy a bottle of water from the airport to keep hydrated on the plane, and snacks are a must... Especially those boiled sweets your Nan always seemed to have a never-ending stash of (well, mine did anyway) for the annoying side effect of flying that is your ears popping... 

That's just about it! I think... I hope...
What necessities do you take in your hand luggage?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I am going on holiday on saturday and this is a good reminder to me to start packing haha! Have fun in Turkey!! :) x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pheobe! I will, I hope you have a lovely holiday as well! x

      Delete