Wednesday 8 July 2015

Eighteen

Wednesday 1st July, 12:03am, I became an adult...
Am I supposed to feel any different, any wiser, more mature? I have no idea, but I feel exactly the same... I wasn't expecting to feel older overnight, that kind of thing only happens in films (13 going on 30, anyone?). I'm still exactly the same person as I was a week ago, only with a new age and a new status as an 'adult' in the slightly terrifying real world. 

Still being in the first week of my adulthood, nothing has changed. I guess I always imagined that responsibilities and maturity and taxes (yes, taxes) would be thrown into my face the minute I turned 18, which thankfully hasn't been the case... It's all to come, however, and although the concept terrifies me to my core, I love the idea of an impending care-free summer, full of fun and excitement, before the real hardship begins. 

Becoming an adult isn't all doom and gloom though, for one, I can now legally drink! (Yes, that is what I'm deciding to mention first!) I'm not a massive party-girl, and don't drink all that regularly anyway, but it's nice to know that when I do I'm actually allowed to be doing it... 

On my birthday, the celebrations kicked off with myself and Mum taking a trip to Carluccio's for brunch. (After opening my cards and presents of course!). We travelled to our nearest restaurant via train, and my day started in the best way possible when the lovely man behind the ticket desk noticed it was my birthday due to the '18' badge pinned to my dress, and wished me a Happy Birthday over the tannoy once I'd reached the platform! With that, everyone on the station platform cheered and applauded, and albeit being slightly embarrassing, it was also rather awesome... 

Upon reaching Carluccio's, we both ordered Bellini's (my first legal drink... so what if it was 11am...), as well as ordering some food. I opted for eggs Benedict, whereas Mum decided on the Carluccio's Breakfast. I think I can speak on behalf of the both of us when I say it was delicious, and sitting outside in the sun made it all the more special! 








Once brunch was finished, we embarked on a little shopping spree! Several hours and a little bit of spent money later, I found myself with three new dresses, a scrapbook and some sandals... Birthday shopping is the best kind of shopping! 

We made our way back home before soon heading out again, this time accompanied by my sister and Mum's friend Shelley, to ChimiChanga's! I ordered the Smoky BBQ Chicken, and all in honesty I was so indulged in my own meal that I forgot what everyone else ordered... It was mouthwateringly good, and can I please have a personal ChimiChanga chef?... 
For desert I ordered the Honeycomb Smash Cheesecake, and my oh my, it was phenomenal. I could have eaten six, it was that good... 
Shortly after, I was surprised by a massive chocolate cake with an '18' candle, whilst my family and the waitresses sang happy birthday. Making my birthday wish, I blew out the candles before leaving the restaurant and returning home!




I had a truly amazing 18th birthday, and an equally amazing party at the weekend - keep an eye out for an upcoming post all about it, and also a post dedicated to what lovely gifts I received for my birthday!

What have you done lately? Have you celebrated anything? Leave a comment and tell me!

8 comments:

  1. I too went to Carluccios for brunch on my 18th birthday haha! Hope you had a lovely day and Happy Birthday!! x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! It's such a lovely restaurant and they do great brunches! Thank you very much Phoebe! :) x

      Delete
  2. Happy belated 18th! Your food for brunch looked sooo good! Sounds like you had a lovely birthday!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was utterly amazing, I'm itching to go back for more and have developed a slight obsession with eggs Benedict... x

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday and God bless you! The food looks absolutely delicious, especially the cake. Hope you had a great day! Followed you on Bloglovin' too :)

    sofxcza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was, I still have so much cake left because it was massive! x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Chloe! I hope you had a fab day! You looked beautiful by the way :)

    Nixie--Pixie | Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle |

    ReplyDelete